Permanently Closed.. History of 701 Geary and Trocadero.
701 Geary Street has been the location for various bars since 1899. Once the site of the Miramar Hotel until it was lost to the Earthquake and Fire of 1906. and reappears as a bar in phone directories following the repeal of Prohibition. Some of the past names are as follows: Chatterbox Tavern, The Chatterbox, The Driftwood, The New Driftwood and RJ's before becoming Trocadero Club.
The clear story windows above the entrance and bar itself are both original structures, fully remodeled in 2013. There is a hidden stairway behind the bar and a massive vintage safe above the bathroom.
We can only image what the walls would say if they could talk.
The name Trocadero derives from the Trocadero Metro stop in Paris, as well as San Francisco hangouts of the past. A nice place where everybody is welcome to enjoy.
In this iteration, Trocadero is located literally in the heart of The City, and is simply a bar without gimmicks. This makes it easy for us to provide great service and nice products for customers to have a conversation.